Purpose:

Help one another achieve greater health. Period. We really can do this together. Share your goals. Start small. Share ideas and recipes and advice...even a picture or two! Share encouragement or your discouragement.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Stress....

I am an emotional eater. I eat whether I'm hungry or not. I recognize this in myself but really do nothing about it. I have been feeling some stress lately with Girls Camp, figuring out our housing situation and family reunion. And because of this my sugar intake has increased...along with how many sodas I've had. But on the upside, I have tried some really yummy recipes.
For a while now I've been trying to think of fat substitutes. I almost had enough motivation to come up with a neat list but then life got crazy busy. But a few I use myself are....using egg whites instead of a whole egg in recipes. Usually you need an extra egg white to make up for the loss of the yolks. I did it with cupcakes and they were so moist and fluffy. Yum. And sometimes I use applesauce to replace part of the fat in cakes or muffins. I've found that, at least in muffins, you can't replace all the fat with the sauce. You end up with a very spongy bread. And finally, if something calls to be sauteed in oil, I've used fat free chicken broth. Some food for thought...and then eat it! hehehe

1 comment:

  1. Those are very good tips to help cut calorie but retain taste. Keep it up, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete